cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r750522 -
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 19:36:55 GMT
ok, I guess I misinterpreted the original hint. I'll get back to it tomorrow as I'm off now,
will update the
AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor to check the message instead...

By the way, what is the key idea behind the message contextual property as opposed to a plain
message property (set on the
inbound/outbound message). When such a contextual property is supposed to be set ? Is it when
say properties on a jaxws:endpoint are
configured ?

Cheers, Sergey

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Kulp" <dkulp@apache.org>
To: <dev@cxf.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: svn commit: r750522 - in /cxf/trunk: common/common/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/common/util/

rt/core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/bus/spring/ rt/core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/interceptor/

rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/ext/ rt...

On Thu March 5 2009 12:52:21 pm sergeyb@apache.org wrote:
> CachingXmlEventWriter cache = null;
>
> - if (shouldValidate(message) && !isRequestor(message)) {
> - //need to cache the events in case validation fails
> + // need to cache the events in case validation fails or buffering
> is enabled + if (shouldValidate(message) && !isRequestor(message)
> + || SystemUtils.isBufferingEnabled()) {
> cache = new CachingXmlEventWriter();
> try {

This definitely shouldn't be based on a system property.   It should be
something like:

message.getContextualProperty("org.apache.cxf.buffer.output")

or similar so it can be configured on a per-endpoint basis.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org