cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF-2057
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 02:36:40 GMT
I've just chased my tail in a conceptual loop in Aegis. Or maybe not.

Consider a field of a bean. What is the type mapping of that field?
The schema, of course, has to be derived from static information
available from introspection + .aegis.xml files + things like root
classes.

So, if a field is java.util.Date, and it's .aegis.xml-ed to xsd:date,
the default type mapping will point back to XMLGregorianDateType,
which is no use if the actual object is, say, a java.sql.Date.

Someone, once upon a time, thought that you could put
type='classsname' into the .aegis.xml to clean this up. It's not
implemented.

I tried to find a way to let the code note that the actual object is
not compatible with the XMLGregorianDateType and ask the mapping for a
better solution. Unfortunately, the same test things that int and
Integer are not compatible, and that knocks down a house of cards.

I think I need to actually implement type='classname'.