cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any examples of CXF interop with WCF using WS-Security?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:04:38 GMT
On Tue February 3 2009 12:45:09 pm Magnus Larsson wrote:
> Hello Daniel and many thanks!
>
> Whatever you have ready for us we will take and try out!
>
> I'll start on your CXF v2.2 examples tomorrow!
> (I just downloaded the 2.2-SNAPSHOT to start with :-)
>
> It sems like you have WS-Trust samples ready as well on
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/interopfest/?
> WS-Trust will also be required further on but if we can demonstrate working
> interop with WS-Trust already now that's great!

The WS-Trust stuff is also a "work in progress".  :-)    Right now, it
requires a bit more configuration and manual intervention to get it to work.
Much of what the sample there is doing should be automatic.   The first
priority is "get it working".   The second priority is "get it working
automatically".   I'm about to start on the second part so it will be changing
a bit.

Basically, the runtime should be able to see that there is an IssuedToken
token in the policy and setup the STS client automatically from that.
(likewise for the SecureConversationToken).   There should just be a few
properties needed to fill in the gaps, not a whole STSClient config bean in
the config.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp