cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: JSON in CXF
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:48:06 GMT
Hi Gary,

I thought first you might be talking about this issue :
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jax-rs.html#JAX-RS-DealingwithJSONarrayserializationissues
(thanks Andy for adding a TOC :-)) but then after looking at the code it seems that it's not
the case ...

Is it when registering a ContextResolver<JAXBContext> implementation which will customize
the way Foo.class is being serialized can
help ?

I'll also check if what you're after is possible with Jettison

Cheers, Sergey

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tong, Gary (FID)" <Gary.Tong@morganstanley.com>
To: <dev@cxf.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:24 AM
Subject: RE: JSON in CXF

I think it's a limitation of the underlying JSON library.  Something like:

@XmlRootElement
public class Foo {
  @XmlElementWrapper(name="values")
  @XmlElement(name="value")
  private List<String> values
}

Gives XML like:

<foo>
  <values>
    <value>foo</value>
    <value>bar</value>
  </values>
</foo>

And json like:
{foo: {values: {value: ["foo", "bar"]}}}

Whereas really, if this is an API that you want to publicize, you really want:

{values: ["foo", "bar"]}

Seems like the JSON is generated via JAXB and an XMLStreamWriter, which unfortunately is too
limited to provide real control over
the JSON.

Thanks,
Gary