cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: JSON in CXF
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:47:52 GMT
Hi Gary

> JSON via JAXB definitely leaves something to be desired.

Do you reckon it's the limitations of the underlying JSON library that we use (Jettison) or
do you refer to the insufficient number
of hooks for our JSON JAXRS reader/writer whiich would help in producing a better quality
JSON ?

Can you post some examples please - I hope it will help us to improve what we have

Thanks, Sergey

Hi guys,

I really like how CXF provides both JSON and XML out of the box.  However, after working with
the JSON serializer a bit, it's
obvious that the JAXB annotations translate poorly to JSON, and that while you have great
control over XML via JAXB, JSON via JAXB
definitely leaves something to be desired.

Do you guys know of any jaxb-quality, annotation-driven JSON serializers?

Cheers,
Gary

This is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) to buy/sell the securities/instruments
mentioned or an official confirmation.
Morgan Stanley may deal as principal in or own or act as market maker for securities/instruments
mentioned or may advise the
issuers. This is not research and is not from MS Research but it may refer to a research analyst/research
report. Unless indicated,
these views are the author’s and may differ from those of Morgan Stanley research or others
in the Firm. We do not represent this is
accurate or complete and we may not update this. Past performance is not indicative of future
returns. For additional information,
research reports and important disclosures, contact me or see https://secure.ms.com/servlet/cls.
You should not use e-mail to
request, authorize or effect the purchase or sale of any security or instrument, to send transfer
instructions, or to effect any
other transactions. We cannot guarantee that any such requests received via e-mail will be
processed in a timely manner. This
communication is solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. We
do not waive confidentiality by
mistransmission. Contact me if you do not wish to receive these communications. In the UK,
this communication is directed in the UK
to those persons who are professional and eligible counterparties (as defined in the UK Financial
Services Authority’s rules).