cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Anoop Prasad <ano...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Application Layer Session Management for WS
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:52:21 GMT

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your Inputs.

My focus is to build a secure Session handling mechanish independent of
Transport or any low level details.
" Encrypted XML Document containing Session Tokens; and an aggrement between
two Web services about the way they will use and Update the token" should do
the trick. And as you suggested we can use the Interceptors to realize this.

Im reading about the standards, and It looks like WS-Context is the right
way to proceed.
Ref:
http://www.idealliance.org/proceedings/xml05/ship/54/xml2005-wssessions.HTML
#d0e217
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/WSWS-popa/paper29

WS Addressing is not advocated; also the Working Group is now closed
Ref: http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/09/wsacloses

CXF Page here( http://cxf.apache.org/getting-involved.html ) shows
"WS-Context & Session support" as an Idea.
But the page was last updated on Sep 19, 2007 as you can see.
Can you please confirm whether its been taken to the next level, or is still
open for exploration?

I would really appreacte it if you would correct me if any of these
understandings is wrong;

Thanks a lot.

PS : Im also planning to add WS-Security to the system; for that I probably
might use the WSS4J Interceptor solution.

regards
anoopPrasad

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and
that has made all the difference!

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD

Address: Huawei Industrial Base
Bantian Longgang
Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
www.huawei.com
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by