cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Having wsdl:documentation comments show up in the SEI?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:37:07 GMT

Hello, I believe this issue has come up before but searching the archives for
something as vague as "documentation" is hopeless, so pardon any duplication
on my part.

Question:  GlassFish Metro, in their wsimport (wsdl2java) generated SEI's,
adds the wsdl "documentation" element value to just above the method as a
comment, while CXF doesn't.  Picture being worth a thousand words, for this
StrikeIron WSDL operation:

     <wsdl:operation name="GetAllProfiles_ForZip">
      <documentation xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">Returns all
census information by zip</documentation>
      <wsdl:input message="si:GetAllProfiles_ForZipSoapIn" />

      <wsdl:output message="si:GetAllProfiles_ForZipSoapOut" />
    </wsdl:operation>

Metro does this:

    /**
     * Returns all census information by zip
     *
     * @param zip
     * @return
     *     returns com.strikeiron.CensusProfile
     */
    @blah blah blah...
    public CensusProfile getAllProfilesForZip(
        @WebParam(name = "zip", targetNamespace =
"http://www.strikeiron.com")
        String zip);

We generate the same method but don't have a comment block above the method
and the documentation value from the WSDL isn't copied over.

Has there been demand for this before--has a JIRA enhancement request
already been entered for this?  If not, I can at least add a JIRA request
for it so we won't forget.

Thanks,
Glen