cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to deprecate CXF HTTP Binding
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:27:20 GMT

I don't think we can do this and still remain a JAX-WS implementation.
According to the JAX 2.1 Specification of May 2007, Chapter 11.1 (HTTP
Binding--Configuration), it says:

"Conformance (XML/HTTP Binding Support): An implementation MUST support the
XML/HTTP binding."

Perhaps we can wait a bit until a future JAX-WS spec drops this requirement,
due to the growth of REST web services.  In the interim, you might wish to
send an email to the JSR-224 group asking them to make this optional.

Glen