cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Eoghan Glynn" <eogl...@progress.com>
Subject RE: JMS clientReceiveTimeout default value
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:07:05 GMT

Yeah 60s seems a lot more reasonable for a default.

Cheers,
Eoghan

-----Original Message-----
From: Willem Jiang [mailto:willem.jiang@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 12/12/2008 14:05
To: dev@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: JMS clientReceiveTimeout default value

Hi Eoghan,

How about set it to be 60s?
I think we take the http client timeout(60s) as an example.

Cheers,

Willem

Eoghan Glynn wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Is a default value of 2000ms reasonable for the JMS clientReceiveTimeout?
>
> For even moderately long-lived requests, this seems *way* too tight to me.
>
> A timeout in the ballpark of 2s seems more appropriate for localhost demo-type situation
where you want the user to get rapid feedback if they've set things up wrong, or for tests
where again you want things to fail fast. But if that's the motivation, couldn't the demos/tests
just configure an appropriately tight timeout, but leave much more slack in the default?