cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Using the Eclipse Maven plugin for CXF
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:32:35 GMT

Hi, I would like to update our Eclipse setup page[1] with additional info.  I
noticed that instead of using mvn eclipse:eclipse command (or the
-Psetup.eclipse parameter described on that page), there is an Eclipse menu
File -> Import -> General -> Maven Projects option (at least for Eclipse
IDEs that have the Maven plugin installed), which works just by choosing the
root directory of the CXF download.

As I can see, the advantage of importing CXF as standard Eclipse projects
(i.e., mvn eclipse:eclipse) over importing as a Maven project is that
IDE-builds, debugging and code-completion, etc. is not as good or even
available with the Maven project import option.  Also, the Eclipse's Maven
plugin apparently does not allow you to set MAVEN_OPTS parameters (it seems
to ignore the already set environment variable for it), causing
out-of-memory errors compared to running Maven from the command line.  Am I
largely correct here?

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://cxf.apache.org/setting-up-eclipse.html