cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Update build instructions on PermGen space?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 05:25:01 GMT

Hello,

Our build instructions[1] say the following:  On 64bit platforms (64bit
Linux and Solaris are known to require this), you also need to increase the
PermGen space: export MAVEN_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx512M"

It has turned out that I needed to do this also on a 32-bit Ubuntu Linux
box.  Should we update the instructions to (1) tell people to *always* add
the MaxPermSize value above (even for the Windows folks) in addition to the
-Xmx512M one, or (2) should I just rephrase the above to tell people to also
use this if they get PermGen errors, or (3) remove the 64bit platform issue
and just say if you're using Linux or Solaris (i.e., regardless of 32 or 64
bit) to add this value.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://cxf.apache.org/building.html