cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@progress.com>
Subject ServletDestination and baseAdddress
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:08:28 GMT
Hi

Is there any specific reason why ServletDestination overrides AbstractHttpDestination.getBaseAddress()
?

As far as I can see ServletDestination.getBaseAddress() has a bug in that it loses part of
the address, specifically, the one specified as part of (CXF)Servlet url pattern.

For ex, given a request like http://localhost/mywebapp/services/someaddress, where /mywebapp
is a context path, /services is part of a /services/* url pattern and /someaddress is a jaxws
or jaxrs endpoint address as specified in Spring, ServletDestination.getBaseAddress() will
return /mywebapp/someaddress, while AbstractHTTPDestination.getBaseAddress() correctly returns
/mywebapp/services/someaddress//

I'm tempted to remove ServletDestination.getBaseAddress() - and hope the tests will pass -
but is tehre sometying I should be aware of when attempting to remove it ?

Cheers, Sergey