cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "David Bosschaert" <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Contributing parts of the ServiceRegistry Hooks (RFC 126) implementation into Felix
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:33:17 GMT
Hi all,

In the context of the Apache CXF project a number of people have been
involved in implementing the Distribution Software part of Distributed
OSGi (RFC 119 [1]).

For its functioning on the client side, Distributed OSGi depends on
the OSGi Service Registry Hooks (RFC 126, also available in [1]). To
keep us going we implemented certain bits of RFC 126 in a private copy
of Felix in the CXF DOSGi buildsystem. However, we would like to use
the real Felix, so we are interested in contributing our RFC 126 bits
into Felix so we can use it straight from there. This is referenced in
CXF bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1897

The CXF codebase doesnt contain all of RFC 126 - it only contains the
ListenerHook, which is about a third of RFC 126, but it would provide
a start...

If Felix is interested in taking this implementation, it might make
sense to create a bug in Felix JIRA so that this stuff can be attached
as a patch to that once its ready to move into Felix.

Thoughts anyone?

Best regards,

David

[1] http://www.osgi.org/download/osgi-4.2-early-draft.pdf