cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Eoghan Glynn" <eogl...@progress.com>
Subject why does the SOAP CheckFaultInterceptor run in the POST_PROTOCOL phase?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:27:55 GMT

Folks,

Is there any reason why the SOAP CheckFaultInterceptor runs in the POST_PROTOCOL phase, as
opposed to PRE_PROTOCOL?

The net result is handleFault() is never called for a client-side JAX-WS SOAPHandler, as the
CheckFaultInterceptor (which is responbile for determining if a fault is present in the incoming
message) is assigned to a phase that runs *after* the PRE_PROTOCOL phase in which the JAX-WS
handler chain is traversed. So Handler.handleFault() can never be called, as it isn't yet
known that the message actually contains a fault.

So before I go fixing this I wanted to check if this apparent mis-ordering was just an oversight,
or whether there's method to the madness :)

Cheers,
Eoghan