cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Clegg <andrew.cl...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal -- removing irrelevent services from WSDL
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:56:01 GMT

Hey folks,

I have a WSDL-first project which contains several service definitions, each
with a separate binding to a separate port type.

When I go to the 'services' page for the WAR in Tomcat, I get a bunch of
links like:

http://myserver:8080/MyWar/services/ServiceOne?wsdl

http://myserver:8080/MyWar/services/ServiceTwo?wsdl

etc.

Exactly the same WSDL, but published to different URLs.

What would be really neat is if CXF could trim out the unused services,
bindings and port type definitions when it publishes the WSDL.

I know it already does some editing as the soap:address location attributes
are correct. Would the maintainers be interested in a patch to do this if I
volunteered? I *think* Axis2 does this, if I remember correctly, so there
might be some usable code in there.

Interestingly, I just noticed the soap:operation soapAction attributes are
not updated the same way as soap:address is. They still have the localhost
test URLs which I hardcoded into my WSDL. Is this intentional, or a bug, or
a sign I've misconfigured something? (Does anything even use this?)

Andrew.