cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal -- removing irrelevent services from WSDL
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:24:02 GMT

This is something I'm kind of "on the fence" about.   There are definitely use
cases where having the other services/ports in the wsdl so this behavior
definitely would need to be optional.

The usecases that I have in mind:

1) Clustering/Failover - the clustering/failover stuff kind of relies on this.
If the other nodes in the cluster are defined in the wsdl, if something
should occur to this node, the clients would automatically fail over to one
of the other ports.  Thus, they need to be there for that to work.

2) Other transports - If the service is exposed via multiple
transports/bindings, the client could be created via the HTTP wsdl, but then
select one of the other transports/bindings.   For example, the wsdl may have
both an HTTP transport and a JMS transport.    The client may want to select
the JMS port to take advantage of the async API's and stuff for scalability.

Anyway, it's a good idea, but it would definitely need to be optional.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org