cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Jetty Continuations in CXF
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:06:18 GMT
I've added a simple HTTPS test and with HTTPS we have no luck at the moment,

CxfJettySslSocketConnector extends Jetty SslSocketConnector and calling continuation.suspend(timeout)
simply blocks the calling
thread.

I've checked the archives and I believe at a time SslSelectChannelConnector[1] was considered
unstable so instead a blocking
SslSocketConnector was picked up.

Any thoughts on what would it take to upgrade CxfJettySslSocketConnector to use SslSelectChannelConnector
?

Thanks, Segey

[1] http://www.mortbay.org/jetty/jetty-6/apidocs/org/mortbay/jetty/security/SslSelectChannelConnector.html

>>> Question : how will SMX CXF Binding Component interact with (Jetty) continuations
when dealing with CXF-originated invocations ?
>>> The Continuation wrappers will be available through an internal CXF input Message
and through JAXWS WebServiceContext (or JAXRS
>>> one later on) - will CXF BC be able to get hold of such wrappers  ? If yes then
I guess we have no problems at all ?

>> Yes, I think so, get continuation from cxf message (org.apache.cxf.message.Message)
is fine for CxfBcConsumer.

> super.
>
> I've just copied the relevant code only to sandbox as I didn't manage to create a branch
:

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations
>
> Some comments. You can see in :
>
> 1. The wrapper interfaces for ContinuationSupport and Continuation in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/api/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/continuations
>
> 2. How PhaseInterceptorChain deals with suspended exceptions in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/api/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/phase/PhaseInterceptorChain.java
>
> 3. How AbstractInvoker deals with suspended exceptions in
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/rt/core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/service/invoker/AbstractInvoker.java
>
> 4. How ChainInitiatorObserver deals with resuming an invocation chain in
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/rt/core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/ChainInitiationObserver.java
>
> 5. Jetty-specific continuation wrappers in
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/rt/transports/http-jetty/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/http_jetty/continuations
>
> 6. How JettyDestination deals with continuations :
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/rt/transports/http-jetty/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/transport/http_jetty/JettyHTTPDestination.java
>
> 7. System tests :
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/systests/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jaxws/continuations
>
> See the server code on how the test code interacts with continuations through wrappers
:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/systests/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jaxws/continuations/HelloImplWithWrapppedContinuation.java
>
> and how it does so directly
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/systests/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jaxws/continuations/HelloImplWithContinuation.java
>
> check
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/2.2.x-continuations/systests/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/jaxws/continuations/jetty-engine.xml
>
> on how a jetty engine on a specific port can be told to ignore continuations which are
supported by default if true is set or that