cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Rename the simple front end
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:11:26 GMT
I've been stewing over the following for a very long time.

I propose to rename things like ServerFactoryBean to
SimpleServerFactoryBean. It seems to me that our users tend to read these
class names as generic, all-purpose classes.  It makes it hard for them to
see the simple front-end as a sibling of the JAX-WS front end, in other
words. We call it the simple front end, but the word 'simple' is nowhere in
the class names.

I semi-seriously think that we should go further, and pick a distinctive
name like Aegis. I could make some mythological proposals if anyone has any
appetite for it.

Of course, old names would persist in a deprecated state.

Thoughts?