cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: JMS transport sync/async......
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:01:44 GMT
Hi Dan,

I have looked into ClientImpl and JMSConduit. I think the code you added
should work.
The JMSConduit.onMessage is called from DefaultMessageListenerContainer
which uses a spring TaskExecutor. Additionally it can be configured
to use several threads to listen on jms messages. So I think there is no
need for a workqueue.
Additionally ClientImpl uses another executor.

Btw. is it really necessary to do different things for sync and async?
Of course the ClientImpl has to support a sync and async mode but I think
the transports could be made completely async. Does the Exchange even
has to know if it is synchronous?

About your question regarding the wait. I would like to remove the wait
and also the config option receiveTimeout. If the Client can do this
then that is the better solution.
There is one thing we have to keep in mind though. The sendExchange
method adds an entry to the correlationMap. This has to be removed after
the timeout. Normally this is done after the wait.
I guess there is no easy solution for this problem. Generally I would
suggest doing the whole correlation already in the client. So we could
keep this out of the transport code.

Another thing are the Executors and Workqueues. The current spring
versions already provide this functionality. Do you think it is possible
to switch to
the spring implementations and remove this code from cxf?

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider