cxf-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <dav...@iona.com>
Subject Re: [DOSGi] patch for CXF-1851
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 09:48:36 GMT
Hi Eoghan,

Yes, the patch contained fairly complex moves of a number of XML files,
which involved moving them to new directories etc.

To get around the problem, I have created a new patch that was created
without using moves (I simply copied the file and deleted the original).
This causes some history to be lost, but this only concerns some XML
metadata files. I hope this is acceptable.

The patch to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1851 is called
'remote_services_location_nomoves.patch'.

Hope this works.

Cheers,

David

Eoghan Glynn wrote:

> Did you do the moves as a single step, or more like moving a to c via:
>
> mv a b
> mv b c
>

> David Bosschaert wrote:
>> Yeah, I moved intent-map.xml from META-INF/osgi into a new directory
>> called OSGI-INF/cxf/intents in a few places. I also moved
>> remote-services.xml from META-INF/osgi to OSGI-INF/remote-services in
>> a few places...
>>
>> FYI I created the patch using Tortoise 1.5.0 on Windows...
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> David
>>
>> Eoghan Glynn wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks David,
>>>
>>> However svn-apply got a bit confused when I tried to apply the patch.
>>>
>>> Did you create some new elements in your working copy and then move
>>> them a different directory?
>>>
>>> For example, svn-apply complains that the patch attempts to delete
>>> the non-existent:
>>>
>>> dsw/cxf-dsw/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/cxf/intent-map.xml
>>>
>>> i.e. this file is non-existent in the master repo, but presumably
>>> existed as a new element in your working copy before being moved
>>> (which in SVN terms maps onto an add and delete).
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how to proceed with this one. Can any of the SVN gurus
>>> in the community comment?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Eoghan

Registered Number: 171387