cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject How to handle a configuration problem generally in CXF code
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 22:24:47 GMT
Hi all,

when there is a problem with the configuration i currently throw a
simple RuntimeException. I think this can be handled better.
I have found a class ConfigurationException but it only accepts a
message as i18 Message. Should this class be used? I do not like that
much that it always needs a resource definition.
Is internationalization for config errors that usefull? Whenever I got a
german exception I had much problems trying to google for it. So I
personally like english exceptions.
Another possibility would be to throw an AssertionError. As it is for
example an assertion that a certain property is not null.

Any ideas?

Greetings

Christian

--