cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: customEditorConfigurer in cxf-extension-soap.xml being used?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:06:00 GMT
On Sunday 05 October 2008, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Hello, it could be that I'm not reading the Spring bean wiring code
> correctly, but AFAICT the "org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.
> customEditorConfigurer" bean defined at the bottom of [1] is not being
> used/activated anywhere.  Does anyone know this bean's purpose/whether
> it is actually being used today?
>
> Thanks,
> Glen
>
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/4zwpse

It IS used, but it didn't work correctly in < 2.0.8/2.1.2.

If you look in:
rt/frontend/jaxws/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxws/spring/clients.xml
you see something like:
  <jaxws:client id="inlineSoapBinding"
    serviceClass="org.apache.hello_world_soap_http.Greeter"
    address="http://localhost:9000/foo"
    serviceName="s:SOAPService"
    xmlns:s="http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http">
    <jaxws:binding>
      <soap:soapBinding mtomEnabled="true" version="1.2"/>
    </jaxws:binding>
  </jaxws:client>

The customEditorConfigurer thing converts the version="1.2" part of that
into a SoapVersion object that is needed for the soap binding object.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org