cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of simple front end
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 22:04:46 GMT

Basically, fence-sitting.  I can definitely see how its removal would be one
less moving part to maintain, and it would also nicely simplify CXF's
documentation, and provide less confusion for users.  CXF has grown a
lot--now REST, JMS, WS-Security--and some trimming of its branches (i.e.,
becoming leaner and meaner) by removing the simple front end could have been
helpful for the project.  But I needed more input from other committers to
be dislodged from my passionate 0 vote.  Dan provided it here.

Glen