cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Aegis versus jaxrs
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:42:09 GMT
Hi

> Sergey,
>
> I'm not feeling like I'm doing a very good job of explaining myself
> here. It's probably true that the best way for me to proceed is to
> code something and with some comments that say: 'Sergey, I'm
> frustrated HERE.' ...

Yea, please do it :-) ! I do hope though that you wouldn't need to get into the details of
the actual
JAX-RS runtime impl, hopefully you'd be able to craft a basic Aegis support inside the 'shell'
of the (Aegis)
JAX-RS MessageBodyReader/Writer implementation...If we could say limit the support to pure
Aegis (that is without it also supporting
JAXB - which is something CXF Aegis can do as far as I understand) then it would be super...

Cheers, Sergey

> --benson
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Sergey Beryozkin
> <sergey.beryozkin@iona.com> wrote:
>> Hi Benson
>>
>> I'm sorry If I'm too slow :-) but I'm still not getting what is it that
>> you're proposing.
>> That said, I believe that may be we should postponse the discussion on how
>> to improve the overall
>> JAX-RS implementation until after it reaches 1.0.
>>
>> In meantime, if we had even a basic JAX-RS Aegis provider such that peopple
>> could start doing Aegis and REST or indeed combining SOAP and REST with the
>> help of Aegis, then it would be cool IMHO....
>>
>> Cheers, Sergey
>>

>>> I think I'm beginning to get the idea of what I'm trying to complain
>>> about.
>>>
>>> An AegisDatabinding object has input configuration and it has state.
>>> As it goes along, it constructs mappings for types.
>>>
>>> I'm having trouble swallowing a situation in which each individual
>>> JAX-RS item does this independently, as opposed to all the of the
>>> items in a service sharing a single state. Am I just confused?

>> Registered Number: 171387
>> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland

Registered Number: 171387