cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Aegis versus jaxrs
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:44:07 GMT
Hi Benson

I'm sorry If I'm too slow :-) but I'm still not getting what is it that you're proposing.
That said, I believe that may be we should postponse the discussion on how to improve the
overall
JAX-RS implementation until after it reaches 1.0.

In meantime, if we had even a basic JAX-RS Aegis provider such that peopple could start doing
Aegis and REST or indeed combining
SOAP and REST with the help of Aegis, then it would be cool IMHO....

Cheers, Sergey

>I think I'm beginning to get the idea of what I'm trying to complain about.
>
> An AegisDatabinding object has input configuration and it has state.
> As it goes along, it constructs mappings for types.
>
> I'm having trouble swallowing a situation in which each individual
> JAX-RS item does this independently, as opposed to all the of the
> items in a service sharing a single state. Am I just confused?

Registered Number: 171387