cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Aegis versus jaxrs
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:36:59 GMT
Hi,

> I'm getting into trouble here now that I'm debugging a test case.
>
> readFrom takes Class<Object>, not Class<?>. I don't see how the JAXB
> code could work, as it will try to obtain a type for 'Object.class',

Unfortunately Class<?> does not compile. Plain Class is passed in to it from above and
it has all the info. Somehow JAXB is capabe
of finding out what the class contains. Likewise in isReadable/isWriteable we can check if
ObjectFactory is available and we can
obtain it in readFrom()/writeTo even if Class<Object> is passed in.

What sort of code won't work for you ?

Thanks, Sergey