cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Dushin <f...@dushin.net>
Subject Re: Can CXF encrypt the soap:header and soap:body with different keys?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:49:05 GMT
Glen I think it's going to depend a lot on how your nodes are
architected.  For example, if your intermediate is not co-located with
your target, but it needs access to the encrypted payload for any
reason (for example, just to make it far enough through the CXF
interceptor chain), then you are going to be up the creek without the
private key needed to decrypt the message.  Questions like this have
been coming up a lot in the WSS4J list, and my first inclination is to
steer the user away from Axis or CXF for their intermediates, and
instead use something like Camel, which would allow you to process
only the parts of the message you care about.

If your intermediate and target entities are essentially co-located,
then you could probably chain the WSS4JInInterceptors in the way you
suggest, though I haven't done this myself.  I have chained calls to
the low-level WSS4J APIs, though, and I'm fairly certain that works,
though you'd need to split your wss:Security headers using distinct
actor attributes, so that WSS4J will process only the headers targeted
for a specific entity.

-Fred