cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF Spring Configuration and PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 01:42:02 GMT
One more for the evening. There is a DOM API hiding in Spring already.
So, the big problem here is how Spring conceptualized the
placeholders. In the Spring model, placeholders resolve against
\values/, not against XML. You could get your bean definition from a
property file, or via carrier pigeons, and still expand placeholders.
Essentially, what we end up looking for here is our own XML
placeholder mechanism. Would it be a good thing for it to use the same
syntax as Spring? In any case, we'd need our own class to walk a DOM
and perform substitutions, and we'd have to be clear on the semantics.