cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: CXF Spring Configuration and PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:19:01 GMT
Daniel Kulp schrieb:
>> I have got another question about the xml configuration. Is it possible
>> to tell spring that an element is a reference to to a bean? I would like
>> to add the functionality of referencing the
>> ConnectionFactory to the address element. So people can define their
>> factory locally or use springĀ“s jndi logic to look it up. Of course I
>> could simply add a string type element and search for the Factory by
>> hand but I would prefer to let spring do this work.
>>

> Well, kind of yes, kind of no.   I would take a look at the JAX-WS
> EndpointDefinitionParser.   The jaxws:endpoint element has a "implementor"
> attribute, which if it starts with # is considered a reference to another
> bean.   In that case, the parser calls:
> bean.addConstructorArgReference(val.substring(1));
> (or bean.addPropertyReference("property", val.substring(1)); for a property)
> Spring does the lookups and all that for you.

Thanks for the hint. I have succesfully added a new element
jmsConfig-ref below jms:conduit that can reference to a
bean of class JmsConfiguration. So I am now able to do more tests with
the new config style.

I added a new element jmsConfig-ref to the jms.xsd to have my new
element validated. Strangely Spring IDE does not seem to understand the
new element. Do you know how Spring IDE reads the xsd and why it is not
updated? Is there anything else I have to do?

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider