cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Eoghan Glynn <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject Re: WS-RM issue
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 09:48:56 GMT

Well, yes, at the transport-level the interaction is sort of asynchronous.

But from the application-level it would appear to be synchronous.

[Unless of course the JAX-WS async callback/pollable model is used, but
this is a choice orthogonal to any asynchrony in the transport]

So I would see it as a synchronous request-response MEP.

Cheers,
Eoghan

Bharath Ganesh wrote:
> So that is kind of an asynchronous invocation. Not a synchronous
> request-response pattern.That again means the JIRA is not a very valid use
> case. If convinced, I shall close the JIRA.
>

> On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 12:42 AM, Eoghan Glynn <eoghan.glynn@iona.com> wrote:
>
>> Dunno if I'd agree with this JIRA, if I've understood it correctly.
>>
>> For a request-response MEP, WS-RM can be configured so that a "202
>> Accepted" response is immediately sent back to the client (possibly
>> including an eager ACK) and then whenever it becomes available the real
>> response is sent over a separate server->client connection.
>>
>> /Eoghan
>>

>> Bharath Ganesh wrote:
>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1156
>>>
>>> Look like WS-RM makes more sense for aysncronous invocation and one way
>>> invocation (quite similar to JMS reliability), rather than a standard
>>> request-response pattern.
>>> So the above issue wont be a very valid case. Am I right?

>> Registered Number: 171387
>> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland

Registered Number: 171387