cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MacOS, Eclipse, CXF, ?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:21:57 GMT
On Tuesday 16 September 2008 3:44:19 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm seriously considering moving to a Mac as my primary development system.
>
> However, I've seen some pretty strange doings when I've experiment
> with CXF development on the small Mac I keep at home.
>
> The usual cycle of mvn/eclipse/mvn frequently ends up in a state where
> eclipse is convinced that the JRE has disappeared. (It can't find
> 'Object').

Funny, I've had that issue more on Linux than I've had on OSX.  I think the
trick is to make sure the "installed jres" are all ok and you have one (and
only one) that is 1.5 (not 1.6 and obviously not 1.4).  Then, in the
prefences, under Installed JRE's -> Excecution Environment, make sure a JRE
is selected for each of the environments.  For some reason, if you don't have
one selected, or more than one match, it sometimes just doesn't match
anything.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp