cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF Spring Configuration and PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 14:42:17 GMT

Christian,

I don't think it has anything to do with the AbstractBeanDefinitionParser.  It
has to do with the schema validation that we turn on by default and camel
doesn't.    The schema validation occurs at XML parse time when spring is
constructing the DOM.   This is long before any of the spring bean
processing.

The issue is types that aren't strings really don't validate with properties.
For example, a <element name="timeout" type="int"/> won't validate if it
appears as:
<timeout>${cnfigured.timeout}</timeout>
in the xml file as that's not an int.

If you turn off the schema validation, it will probably work for you.
Obviously, you have to make sure the xml is then valid yourself.  I think it
would be -Dorg.apache.cxf.spring.validation.mode=VALIDATION_NONE

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org