cxf-dev mailing list archives

From kasturi1010 <kasturi.kumthe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Howto: Defining Contract first webservices with wsdl generation from java
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:32:32 GMT

I would like to know 2 things:

1. I would like to know if you can control the namespace in the
generated-wsdl to what you want ? Right now the target namespace reflects
the package name (in an inverted manner) of the class exposed with
@WebService.
I would like to control the target namespace myself for the purpose of
"Versioning" rather than being generated automatically. As you may know,
versioning of webservices is commonly achieved via having dated namespaces
(like targetNamespace = "http://apache.org/2005/05/version1" or
targetNamespace="http://apache.org/2006/05/version2")

2. I dont like to clutter my wsdl <types> element with the schema
definitions in there itself. Rather I like them having in a separate file
and have a simple import inside the <types> element. See e.g. below

<types>
    <xsd:schema>
       <xsd:import namespace="http://apache.org/2005/05/version1"
                       schemaLocation="schema1.xsd"/>