cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Trenaman <adrian.trena...@iona.com>
Subject Re: New Howto: Defining Contract first webservices with wsdl generation from java
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:40:31 GMT
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the contribution! Usually I stay away from code-first, but
I do see the value in using the Java interface as a DSL. I think
though that your page should include notes on how to use the JAX-WS
attributes to do more, like:

* specify the portType name
* specify the kind of binding
* specify the name of the endpoint
* specify the name of the service

.... for me, good naming in the WSDL file makes for better reusability
and a more aesthetic foundation for a service.

Best,
Ade

On 19 Aug 2008, at 14:29, Christian Schneider wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written a new howto demonstrating how to define webservices
> in java code and then generate the wsdl out of it. The main
> idea is that this is no java first. The java code is only used as a
> DSL to define the service and generate the wsdl which is the real
> contract.
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/Defining+Contract+first+webservices+with+wsdl+generation+from+java
>
> It would be great if some people could read the howto and give some
> comments what should be improved or where there are errors.
> The howto example could also be added to the cxf examples. As far as
> I can see there is no example for generating wsdls.
>
> Best regards
>
> Christian
>
> --
>
> Christian Schneider