cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Generics as SEI/SEB
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:25:51 GMT
Dev,

I'm looking at CXF-1758, which presents as the Javascript front end
choking when the SEI and SEB are generics.

In other words, the implementation bean for a service is
SomeGenericOfType<String>, and it has a method like doSomething<T>.

With the simple front end, we get a schema for this with an
xsd:anyType in it instead of the actual specific type.

To my questionable taste, this can't be right. The question is, do we
want to support this? Is there even enough reflectable information in
the face of type erasure to make it possible to support this? I can't
see supporting this as a baroque notation for a method that takes
Object.

--benson