cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Ulhas Bhole <ulhas.bh...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Bug in handling JMS TextMessage encoding (see CXF-1668)?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:27:29 GMT
Hi Christian,
The place Eduard mentioned in Jira is correct. I was looking at this
JIRA sometime back but had the same problem of how to determine encoding
type. JMS TextMessage doesn't contain any encoding information so it's
hard to know what is the encoding of the contents.

Regards,

Ulhas Bhole

Christian Schneider wrote:
> In the issue CXF-1668 Eduard reported that CXF uses the system
> encoding for JMS Messages. This is wrong as most times messages are to
> be transmitted using UTF-8.
> I want to build a patch for this issue but need some conceptional help.
>
> When we receive a message from JMS how can we decide which encoding it
> uses? Should I try to use the <?xml encoding=""?>  tag? Where is a
> good point to add this functionality? Should I add it in
> handleResponse like Eduard suggested?
>
> Best regards
>
> Christian

Registered Number: 171387