cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can we use asyn way for jms transport
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:59:16 GMT

As I mentioned on the ServiceMix dev list, there is a "deficiency" in
the "Client" API that would make this change relatively moot unless the
client API is completely updated.   Right now, async invokations are only
available to the jax-ws frontend, and that's really just "faked" via doing a
sync invokation on a background thread (which then blocks).   We would
definitely need to get the Client API's updated to support async concepts a
bit better before the transports can really be updated to take advantage of
it.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp