cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MTOM threshold and WSDL
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:42:23 GMT
On Monday 25 August 2008 12:42:43 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> This whole question turns out to be the following: Is it a valid
> JAX-WS/JAX-B thing to annotate a plain old String bean property for
> MTOM, and expect MTOM to happen? If so, then I need to determine if
> the failure to do so is us or JAX-B, and if the latter we have to
> decide if we care enough to contemplate some sort of workaround.

Depends on the annotations.   I THINK you can stick a
XmlMimeType("text/plain") and possibly need a
XmlSchemaType(name="base64bindery") on it or something.   In that case I
think it is supposed to work.    HOWEVER, I think you then run into the bug
that you already logged with the JAXB folks of the text/plain being mapped to
a String doesn't actually even work.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp