cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Eoghan Glynn <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Tracking trunk commits blocked wrt to the 2.0.x_fixes branch
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:09:37 GMT

Thanks Dan & Freeman,

Both suggested methods give exactly the same results.

A total of well over blocked 500 commits ... ouch, that's a lot to go
thru manually.

BTW what's general feeling on the completeness of the 2.1 Migration
Guide[1] wrt capturing potential compatibility issues?

Cheers,
Eoghan

[1] http://cxf.apache.org/21-migration-guide.html

Daniel Kulp wrote:

> It's all stored as properties on the directory.   Thus:
>
> svn propget svnmerge-blocked .
>
> would give you the list of revisions.   THAT said, the stuff gnodet,
> Freeman, and Willem have merged without using svnmerge.py may appear in
> that list.
>
> On a related note:  I'm not using subversion 1.5 and the Apache server
> is using subversion 1.5.   Thus, we probably could stop using
> svnmerge.py and flip over to the tracking support in 1.5.   However,
> that would require all the mergers to use subversion 1.5 which I'm not
> sure if everyone is ready to do or not.
>

> Dan
>

> On Jul 17, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Eoghan Glynn wrote:
>

>> Folks,
>>
>> Does anyone know if svnmerge.py can be used to report on the commits
>> to trunk that have been "blocked" wrt to merging out to the
>> 2.0.x_fixes branch?
>>
>> Its sortta like a retrospective "avail" option that I'm after, i.e.
>> gimme all the commits that were available for merging, but were
>> selected for blocking.
>>
>> The idea would be to get a definitive list of potentially
>> backward-incompatible changes to 2.1 that may cause issues when
>> upgrading from 2.0.x.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Eoghan

>> Registered Number: 171387
>> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland
>
> ---
> Daniel Kulp
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog