cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramnarine, Michael" <Michael.Ramnar...@iona.com>
Subject RE: cxf-bundle.jar needs META-INF in the Export-Package list to make extensions.xml available in OSGi
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:15:59 GMT
I've logged CXF-1643 to track this problem.

Currently, we are adding a copy of extensions.xml to our own application
bundles, to workaround this issue, but obviously this is a rather poor
and limited workaround.

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:11 AM
To: dev@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: cxf-bundle.jar needs META-INF in the Export-Package list to
make extensions.xml available in OSGi

I think there are two things we need to do that can be done relatively
quickly:

1) Examine the stuff we have in META-INF and, if possible, move them
to META-INF/cxf.   The loading of said things can look in both places
to maintain backwords compatibility with exiting extensions, but all
of our stuff would be in META-INF/cxf.

2) Move as much as possible into the spring configs.   If the
information can be completely loaded via spring, that's even better.
Let spring-dm do the job.    In this case, the WSDLManagerImpl, when
created, should have all the extensions injected in somehow.  I'd have
to think a bit more on this one in regards to backwords compatibility.

Dan