cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dwyer <Jason.Dw...@majitek.com>
Subject [Fwd: Property Placeholder configuration for jms:destinations]
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 04:11:33 GMT
cross posting to the dev list too,

no response from -users.

-------- Forwarded Message --------

To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Property Placeholder configuration for jms:destinations
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:44:14 +1000

hi,

we've been using the SOAP/JMS transport with cxf happily for a couple of
months, and have come to a point where we're setting up deployment
topologies for production environments, and need to make the values for
the jms destination/address configurable.

however, it appears that due to the way cxf loads up beans
automagically, there is no way we are able to reference property
placeholders for the values we want to configure.

eg:

<beans>
        	<bean id="propertyConfigurer"

		<property name="location">
			<value>classpath:jms.properties</value>
		</property>
	</bean>

	<jms:destination
		name="{http://some.namespace.com}AccountServicePort.jms-destination">
		<jms:address destinationStyle="queue"
			jndiConnectionFactoryName="ConnectionFactory"
			jndiDestinationName="${acccount.queue.name}"
			connectionUserName="${jms.username}"
                         connectionPassword="${jms.password}">
			<jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.factory.initial"
				value="${connectionFactory.class}" />
 			<jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.provider.url"
				value="${jms.host.url}" />
		</jms:address>
	</jms:destination>

</beans>

and in jms.properties, we set up the values as per standard
propertyPLaceholderConfigurer practice.

we've tried moving the jms:destinations into cxf.xml in the root of the
classpath, and let cxf find it by itself, to no avail, as well as
putting all the definitions into our standard applicationContext.xml
which is loaded by the cxf servlet ( as well as programatically with a
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext ).

is there a viable workaround for this?

thanks in advance,

j.dwyer