cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On startup performance.....
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 21:58:21 GMT
I'm not sure that the per-bean overhead of spring is significant
compared to the overall background noise of using Spring at all, or at
least of using Spring with XML. I was thinking about how hard it would
be to go to zero-xml -- have our own factory that didn't read xml, not
even from fastinfoset, for the core configuration.

We could use cascading contexts: we could have a context that
'springs' into life with the core, always-the-same, beans, and then a
normal XML context that cascades to it for the optional items.

I could be wrong here: it could be that moving more initialization
from beans declared in Spring to ordinary objects created by the
default bus would in fact be a win.