cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Bharath Ganesh" <bhar...@apache.org>
Subject Proposal: Interceptor Listeners
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 17:44:21 GMT
I was thinking of a way to register listeners with CXF interceptors. The use
case I ran into was:
I wanted some timing diagnostics to determine the time certain interceptors
were taking to process the message. Ideally I would register a
TimingListener with such interceptors. Another use case can be some custom
logging before and after each interceptor.

Listener can be as simple as-

public interface InterceptorListener
{
    void preHandleMessage(Interceptor interceptor);

    void postHandleMessage(Interceptor interceptor);

    void preHandleFault(Interceptor interceptor);

    void postHandleFault(Interceptor interceptor);
}

How about building such a feature into the Interceptor framework? Any
thoughts?