cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Just run PMD
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 02:36:41 GMT

On May 16, 2008, at 6:00 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> When I try 'mvn pmd:pmd' or 'mvn pmd:check' at top level, pmd gets
> very confused about its configuration. Have we got something in
> parent/pom.xml that I should be using instead?

This is the same "maven bug" that I talked to you about off line.
Basically, if you run mvn pmd:pmd "top level", you get the PMD
plugin's classloader setup with the default set of dependencies, which
would not include the buildtools jar.  That classloader is always used
even in the "jar" modules so our normal config isn't picked up.

If you go into a directory that has it's parent set to our "parent"
pom and run pmd, the classloader will get setup with the buildtools
jar.   Thus, it works.

Maven 2.1 is supposed to fix this by checking if dependencies on
plugins change in the poms and recreates new classloaders and stuff.
When 2.1 will come out is anyones guess at this point though.

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog