cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: (Moved from users) Re: Writing Maven/JUnit test cases for web service calls
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 16:29:37 GMT

Actually, to follow up, if you check section 7.2.2 about the developer
responsibilities, it states:

The wsdl-file element specifies a location of the WSDL description of
the
service. The location is relative to the root of the module.

Thus, I think the "wsdl" dir is more of convention, but you would
still need to specify it as part of the wsdlLocation.   What's
interesting is their examples don't even do that.    They just use
"WEB-INF/joe.wsdl" or similar.   (see 8.3)

Dan

On May 14, 2008, at 12:14 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> On May 14, 2008, at 11:53 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:
>
>> 2008-05-14 Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, no.    For example, how would we know the filename of the wsdl
>>> to even grab from that directory?
>>>

>> Sorry to grill you here--I'm just trying to get this as correct as it
>> can get.  Just to clarify, then, while it may not pick up files
>> from the
>> WEB-INF/wsdl folder by default as I was thinking, that folder should
>> still be the default location to look for WSDLs that are specified
>> using
>> wsdlLocation (i.e., if no directory structure is provided), correct?
>>
>>> From the JSR-109 Spec[1], Version 1.2 (April 28, 2006):
>
> Just FYI:  with CXF being a standalone JAX-WS provider, JSR-109
> stuff is not required to be supported.   For example, we don't
> support injecting any @WebServiceRef things in at all at this point
> either.   That's a J2EE thing.     I don't think any of us really
> have delved into JSR109 as it pertains to CXF only.   I know the
> Geronimo folks obviously have, but it's part of the web service
> deployer stuff, not something ingrained into CXF.
>
> Thus, in short, I DOUBT the current stuff in CXF will look in WEB-
> INF/wsdl if you just specify a wsdlLocation of "foo.wsdl".   The JAX-
> WS spec for standalone doesn't require it.   I could be wrong
> though.  With all the work Jarek and Jeff did for Geronimo, some of
> it might have been pushed into CXF.
>
> Dan
>

> There are a couple things in JSR-109 that don't match
>
>> Section 5.4: WSDL files are located relative to the root of the
>> module
>> and are typically located in the wsdl directory that is co-located
>> with
>> the module deployment descriptor or a subdirectory of it.
>>
>> Section 5.4.1: The wsdl directory is a well-known location that
>> contains
>> WSDL files and any relative content the WSDL files may reference.
>> WSDL
>> files and their relative references will be published during
>> deployment.
>> See sections 8.2.4 and 8.2.5 for more details.
>>
>> Section 8.2.4:  "A Web Services for Java EE provider is
>> required to provide a URL that maintains the referential integrity of
>> the WSDL document the service-ref (or a javax.xml.ws.WebServiceRef
>> annotated Web service reference) is bound to if the wsdl-file
>> (wsdlLocation in WebServiceRef) element refers to a document
>> located in
>> the wsdl directory or one of its subdirectories."
>>
>> Section 8.2.5: "A Web Services for Java EE provider is required to
>> support publishing a deployed WSDL document if the
>> wsdlLocation element in the Web service annotations (described in
>> section 5.3.2.1 and 5.3.2.2) or Web services deployment descriptor
>> (webservices.xml) wsdl-file element refers to a WSDL file contained
>> in
> [...]

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org