cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are faults errors?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:14:40 GMT
Hi Bruce,

+1 to Hiram's proposal.

I cannot speak about the original intentions, but since the idea of
fault is only specific to just a few of the technologies camel
supports, I think having a fault in an exchange could be quite
confusing for other components.  I think it should be up to a
component to decide what to do with the faults, camel-cxf in this case.

Some expressed the point of view that faults *are* exceptions.  I am
not sure if that meant that they should be of an Exception type, or
that they should be handled as exceptions by the middleware
infrastructure.  I later thought they probably meant the former, which
is fine.  The out in the exchange could hold an Exception which may or
may not be handled by camel depending on how the route is defined.

My $0.02
Hadrian