cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] how noisy should the tools be?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 01:55:22 GMT
So, I have another question about all of this.

By default, we use Spring. By default, spring logs to log4j. By default., we
log to j.u.l. So, if I'm not completely confused, by default a CXF
application (with log4j in its path) has log messages travelling through two
different loggers.

Now, maybe this is a side-effect of the fact that I'm debugging things that
have log4j in the path, and so c.l. is picking it up, and a a log4j-less
application would just see all the traffic in j.u.l.

Nonetheless, I'm somehow tempted to suggest that we should touch the c.l.
bussbar and thus behave consistently with spring when we are being
initialized through spring. Is there a code path of ours where we could say,
'oh, well, spring, might as well log through c.l. for consistency'?