cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Logging control checked in, but ...
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 01:26:13 GMT
I just committed changes to control the logging verbosity in the tools. So
far, I've only turned it on for wsdl2java. There is a mystery here.

The scheme here is twofold: first, tell commons logging to push to j.u.l, so
that the spring messages are in our clutches. Then configure j.u.l. Those of
you watching the commit notifications will notice that I created a file that
contains the following:

handlers= java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter =
java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
.level= WARNING
#org.apache.cxf.level=INFO

You may ask, why is the last line commented out?

Well, the reason is this. When I comment it in, the
org.springframework.whatever INFO message start showing up.

This leads me to suspect that some mechanism that I really don't understand
is at work here, and the spring messages are coming through a logger other
than the one based on their class names. Which doesn't make any sense, to
me, since the look of them sure seems to have changed from log4j to j.u.l
when I made the changes above.