cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Balazs Kollar" <balazs.kol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wsdl2java-generated beans are not Introspector compliant
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:10:34 GMT
Strange, because in this case I use the Boolean wrapper object (which
can be null), not the simple type. And beanutils uses the introspector
of the JVM to find getters. I will check the specification, either.

On 4/18/08, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> This is not something we have control over.   This is per JAXB
> sepcification.   Section 5.5.1 of the JAXB spec specifically states that
> boolean values are mapped to "isXXX()", not "getXXX".
>
> In anycase, we don't do the schema->java bean mapping.   That is handled
> by the JAXB runtime code generator from Sun, not CXF code.  CXF 2.1 will
> use the 2.1.6 version of the JAXB generators whereas 2.0.x uses 2.0.
> Thus, someething MIGHT be different in this case, but I don't expect it
> to be since the spec is pretty clear about it.
>
> Dan
>

> On Friday 18 April 2008, Balazs Kollar wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am just integrating CXF into our java project, and I have run into
> > the following problem. If a generated class has a field of type
> > Boolean, its getter method will start with "is", not "get", as it
> > should. This causes a problem if you want to process the bean with
> > apache-beanutils (or java.beans.Introspector), because those treat the
> > field as read-only. The correct prefix for these fields is "get".
> >
> > In detail: The XSD data type was the following: <xs:element
> > minOccurs="0" name="enabled" type="xs:boolean"/>
> >
> > The class generated is like this:
> >
> > public class UserDTO {
> > protected Boolean deleted;
> > public Boolean isDeleted() { return deleted; }
> > }
> >
> > Please fix this in CXF 2.1, if it is possible.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Balázs
> > Java Developer,
> > http://www.statlogics.com/
>

> --
> J. Daniel Kulp
> Principal Engineer, IONA
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Balázs

"A good indication of when you are really starting to get to grips
with a subject, I find, is when you start to know the right questions
to ask. (Knowing the answers to these questions comes much later.
That's expertise.) Once you are at this point, you can really start to
take off: if only because once at this point, Google can usually help
you out."