cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running the jbossws testsuite against cxf-2.0.5
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:33:28 GMT
Hi Thomas,

Let me try to explain this to the best of my knowledge, and I encourage
others to jump in who see if I have stated something that is not correct.

I don't know the contracts between Sun and JBoss, but as I understand
it, I don't believe you are allowed to share which tests pass with
anyone outside of JBoss, and we at Apache certainly cannot share TCK
information here.  In fact, each person at Apache who wishes to work on
the TCK must sign an NDA prohibiting the sharing of this type of
information.  IANAL, but I suspect JBoss is under a similar NDA and you
may wish to check with your legal department regarding this issue.

Due to the NDA at Apache, we have set up special mailing lists and
access to the TCK, but this minimally requires that you are a committer
of Apache and that you have signed the Apache NDA document as well as
access grant from the PMC.  This allows us to share TCK results and
discussion between those who are authorized to do so.

With that said, you certainly can report bugs that you encounter to the
CXF project, and also submit patches for those bugs.  If you run your
TCK, however you cannot state that it was a TCK test, and you cannot
share which TCK test that it was.  If you find an error when running
your TCK, I encourage you to reproduce the error with an orginal set of
code and engage the community with the problem and a possible solution,
and feel free to reference the JSR paragraph that shows the code does
not work.  But direct TCK test information sharing is not allowed and is
prohibited.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jeff